Sunday, February 3, 2013

L’Oreal Paris Magic BB Cream Beautiful

I have been a dedicated Cover Girl foundation user for as long as I can remember.  As a matter of fact I think when I first started wearing make-up as a teenager my sister bought me my first Cover Girl liquid foundation.  Now I’ve gone back and forth between liquids and powders during that time (at least 15 years) I’ve pretty much stayed with that brand unless put in a position where I had to buy something else.  But I have to say over the last couple years I haven’t been as impressed with the coverage, perhaps because my skin is changing and aging.  I’ve been seriously considering trying some new products and finding something that worked with my skin better.

So I was very excited when Shespeaks asked me if I would like to try out L’Oreal Paris’ Magic Skin Beautifying BB Cream.  I thought this was an excellent opportunity to try something new.  Now I’ve seen the commercials on tv and in magazines for BB Cream but really I didn’t know much about it.  There was something about micro beads and matching my skin tone but again I hadn’t  paid close enough attention to how that could work.  Again from my previous experience I’d always had to go through zillions of compacts and liquids in the store trying to find the closest match to my skin color so I couldn’t understand how picking from 3 or 4 shades (dramatically different shades I might add) could possibly match me when I put it on.  But I went to the programs homepage on Shespeaks and did just that.  I picked the Light one because the first one seemed way way to light and the last two were very much too dark.  So having done that, I crossed my fingers for a few weeks while waiting for it to arrive.

About a week and a half ago my L’Oreal Paris BB Cream was in my mailbox when I came home from work.  I decided I’d wait til the next morning to try it out since usually after work I just want a nice shower, fix dinner for my fiancé and me, and then flake out together before bed.  I was very tempted though to try it even that night to see what all the hub bub was about.  But the very next morning when I opened that tube for the first time and squeezed a small amount on my finger to start my morning make-up routine I was skeptical.  The cream was pure white with these little dots of green floating in it.  I couldn’t imagine how it could possibly be considered a primer or foundation.  It had no color!  But I stuck it out and started rubbing the cream onto my face finding that it spread very easily and to my surprise the thinnest of layers did indeed act as a foundation.  As I was rubbing it was as if a tint started to develop and it did indeed match my skin tone perfectly.  To say I was shocked was an understatement.  The little green specks I first noticed are the BB Cream’s self adjusting beads that instantly transformed to my skin.  It was amazing.  My blemishes were virtually invisible under this product. 

So I’ve been using the BB Cream everyday since that first one and have been pleasantly surprised.  I can completely understand why this product claims to be formulated to prime, perfect, hydrate and correct skin.  It really does do all that.  I’ve found that even when I removed my make up at the end of the day my skin is more even toned and smoother to the touch.  The cream does to clog up pores and cause me to break out which is something I was really afraid of.  I would certainly agree that it improves a person’s skin without leaving it oily or dry or rough…. it’s AWESOME.  So that is that…. I’ve decided to make the switch.  Goodbye Cover Girl (and possibly all foundations, liquid or powder) and hello L’Oreal Paris BB Cream!!!!  I love it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment