Friday, November 23, 2012

G Collection from Gold Toe- a post from TP




I was extremely excited when Bzz Agent told me I was going to be one of the few agents to get products from the new G Collection from Gold Toe brand.  Most of the time I'm the kind of guy that is wearing work boots out in the woods so my socks just have to be warm and very very durable.  But every once in a while I get a wild hair to take Tracy, my fiance, out on the town and we both dress up.  Frankly I have very few nice dressy (Sunday Best quality) clothes, but even fewer dressy socks.  I usually end up wearing a pair of athletic socks with my dress shoes which just looks tacky.  But now with my G Collection socks I'm in a whole new zone.

Now my future father in law wore the original Gold Toe socks for years, both for dress socks and then they make a really durable crew sock too. But I had never tried them before.  When I got my Bzz Kit I was impressed with the range of colors and patterns available to try out.  Of course there was a pair of plain black dress socks but the other 5 were tastefully striped, checked, and otherwise patterned in greys, blacks, navy blue, and tan.  All the typical colors of my dress slacks.  They were just my style.  A little fun and funky without going to wild extremes though from looking at the G Collection online there are some pretty outrageous ones to chose from too if a person would so desire.  I tried them out immediately and loved how soft they were and how they didn't bunch at all in my shoes or ride down my calf as I walked throughout the day.  I never had to pull them up or straighten them out like I do my regular socks.  Also the seam in the toe is virtually undetectable so my toes didn't rub against the socks funny in my dress shoes that are of course my most uncomfortable shoes I own (just not used to wearing them).

In my BzzKit I also got 6 pairs of G Collection boxers to try out.  I've never been a huge fan of boxers because of how rough they always are and when I opened these ones up I was afraid I was going to run into the same problem.  Tracy suggested running them through the wash a time or two before making my final decision and of course she was right.  After putting them all through one wash and dryer cycle the fabric softened right up and they are sooooooo comfortable.  Unlike other boxers I've worn they don't rub funny or bunch in my trousers which are the major downfall of most boxers I've ever tried out.  Again these came in some great colors and patterns.  I've noticed that Tracy started wearing a pair of them for pj shorts too so I might have to hide them. 

My BzzKit also included about 100 $5 off coupons and I've been handing them out left and right to all my buddies at work.  They might not want the dress socks but the under ware and t-shirts certainly are great and I'm hoping they'd like to give them a try.  Of course I kept a few coupons for myself too so I can shop at Kohl's in Spokane and pick up a few more socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment